The Hedonist International
- wants joy, pleasure, happiness, and a life based on self-determination for all people.
- doesn’t view hedonism as the engine of a society based on mindless materialist entertainment, but as the chance to overcome present circumstances.
- is not an organization, but an idea, whose implementation is the responsibility of every individual. Nobody but the individual is responsible for his or her actions. Hedonists organize themselves in manifold ways to take specific or random action.
- recognizes that the paths to a good life are circuitous and rocky. There is no single, simple solution, but many. Everywhere in peoples’ heads, ideas are being born. There is no ideology, master plan, wise president, or leader. There is only a process of gaining consciousness to which every person can contribute with their ideas and actions.
- doesn’t know how these goals can be reached, but knows that something must happen so all people can enjoy freedom and happiness.
- is convinced that political involvement and actions can be fun. Where hierarchy begins, fun ends. Where fun ends, hierarchy begins.
- wants a world where highly developed technologies allow all human beings to live free of the necessity to work and be exploited, hereby allowing humankind to dedicate itself to the arts and the creation of beautiful things.
- counts on the collaboration and free association of individuals with equal rights.
- concedes that even small advances towards the goals of hedonism represent an improvement over current circumstances. Each step increases the potential for further developments.
- creates temporary hedonist zones and situations beneficial to the flourishing of its ideas and realization of its goals.
- believes in light-heartedness. Only this will keep us from taking ourselves too seriously.
- is represented by the colors pink, black, gold, silver, and white.
- wants joyful togetherness, anarchy, epicurean ideas, multifaceted joy, sensuality, diversion, friendship, justice, tolerance, freedom, sexual freedom, sustainability, peace, free access to information, the arts, a cosmopolitan existence, and a world without borders or discrimination, and everything else that is wonderful but not a reality today.
- wants joy, freedom, everything !
The playground of ideas is vast. Do what you like, not what you must!